Pages

Thursday 28 March 2013

Testing Omaru Creek for Turbidity


Testing Omaru Creek for turbidity.

Omaru Creek - Testing for turbidity.

I am going to find out What the turbidity water is of Omaru creek.

I am going to test this by:Going every time to Omaru creek for font size.

Resources and equipment: We used a bucket and string at the creek to get the water. In our class we used a jar to take some water out for testing. For the test we used paper to see just how dirty the water was.

I predict that:The bridge water is more murky then the tap water. I think that the size will be 12 for the murky bridge water that has catfish swimming in it.

I think this because: When we got some water from the creek  we took the bucket down there and we went to get some bridge water as well and I found out that it is the most polluted water ever and I think that the catfish is what makes the water murky. The catfish go down to the bottom of the creek and stir up the dirt and that makes it murky.

Results of my tests

Sea Water
12
Tap water
9
Omaru Creek water by culvert
14
Omaru Creek water by bridge
12

My conclusion (what I found out): the bridge water was the murkiest water.

Why I think this is: because the catfish in there is making the water murky and dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.